Thursday, December 1, 2011

Voter Suppression: It's What's For Dinner

[via LG&M]

I have no idea what the title of this post is supposed to mean.

But I do know what this means. I struggle to think of anything more profoundly un-American. The far-reaching efforts at suppressing the vote of those who don't support them might just be the most heinous criminal act of the right wing. I don't know if it is fear of losing power, or a cynical, aggressive grab for more power, but in any case, the people behind these sorts of things ought to be in prison.

I am sure the Democrats do shady stuff, and history certainly shows they have done some very shady stuff, but I am aware of no concerted effort by the Democrats to systematically deny a basic (and arguably the most fundamental) civil right. Why do they hate America?

No comments:

Post a Comment