Monday, February 14, 2011

Atlas Hugged [Updated Once]

The title is a combination of my intent to honor Valentine's Day and the impending release of "Atlas Shrugged (The Musical Movie)." I'm not going to say anything more about V-Day, because I loathe Hallmark holidays. Yes, I know I just said I was going to honor it. But foolish consistency is the mind of an orc, or something.

Speaking of orcs, I will now share my favorite quote about A.S.:
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. --John Rogers, on the blog Kung Fu Monkey

[UPDATE]:

A clip!

1 comment:

  1. I've figured out how to celebrate Valentine's Day! I buy yummy food that Tom likes. And I get to share. It's my excuse to spend too much on a night's dinner.

    ReplyDelete